Volunteer Comox Valley supports the public, private and social sector partnerships; and the creation of linkages between different sectors of the community through information access. We believe that the public good can be achieved through: Empowerment of all through access to information, local capacity building, and community stewardship of local content.
The Comox Valley is seeking 860 more volunteer(s).
(6 Volunteers Needed)
(10 Volunteers Needed)
(5 Volunteers Needed)
(10 Volunteers Needed)
Changes and Updates to Online Directory
Tuesday, May 21st, 2013
- Added ability to upload application forms to volunteer opportunities
Friday, April 30th, 2013
- Main layout and template changes
- Added ability to edit and create opportunities from "Volunteer Opportunities" section rather than the dashboard.
- Added "Browse by short Term or Long Term opportunity types"
- Added "Browse by order: Newest Postings or Oldest Postings"
- Added new print layout for opportunities. Look for printer button beside opportunity title.
- Fixed time available layout in Internet Explorer *bug issue*
- Added hit counter so organizations can keep track of how many individuals have viewed their volunteer opportunity.
- Added ability to post and share workshops.
- Supports Individual posting and Organization posting.
- Displays upcoming workshops on the front page of the directory.
- Added ability to edit your workshops from main workshop listings.
Monday, June 25th, 2012
- Organizations can now choose pictures for their opportunity postings.
- Front Page now displays organization logos in postings.
- Front Page now displays shortcut link to opportunity postings.
- New display mode for browse organizations and view volunteer opportunities.
Friday, February 24th, 2012
- Login menu now moved to front page for easy access.
- Front page recent opportunities now shows how many volunteers the opportunity has requested and also shows whether the posting is weekly or a specific date.
- Added National Volunteer Week Survey Form for February 2012.
- Cleaned up opportunity listings and full view mode.
- Redesign opportunity posting form for organizations.
Thursday, December 8th, 2011
- Added accessibility matching for volunteers.
- Added most recent volunteer opportunities to front page.
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011
- All inclusive members now stand out more when browsing, they are highlighted in gold.
- All inclusive members can now upload a logo which is featured on the organization detail page as well as browsing for organizations.
- All Members can now create a link back to a Facebook Group, view edit profile and see “Social Networking” Section.
- Must be direct copy and paste format, example: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ValleyLinks-Home-of-Volunteer-Comox-Valley/145823718061
- Organizations can now add a 1-800 phone number by adding the 1- prefix to the standard phone number format.
- The organization dashboard is now in tabs rather than a list format.
- Website now links correctly in the dashboard.
The Volunteer side of the Volunteer Directory is now fully functional. This will act as a very powerful tool to match Volunteers with possible Volunteer Opportunities. Some of the many features are listed below.
- Marks credentials of opportunities in green when they match your profile. Such as: Age needed, age wanting to work with, distances etc. More matches will be added in the future. This change is reflected in full opportunity list as well as the detailed view.
- Distance calculator added to edit profile and registration. Used to calculate distance from your postal code to the postal code of the organization and tells you how far away it is. This is very useful for Volunteers that only want to travel a short distance to volunteer due to transport limitations.
- Can choose to receive inquiries about volunteer opportunities directly from VCV.
General Site Changes
- You can now click on the ValleyLinks header logo to return to www.valleylinks.net
- Removed extra spacing that caused clutter.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
- Added basic Skype Integration for Organizations. You can fill out your Skype name for your Primary Contact and it will display on the organization profile.
- Improved layout of opportunity submission, contact form, and organization profile form.
Monday, July 11, 2011
- Improved visibility of volunteer opportunities page using icons and other layout changes.
- Added field to see membership level in organization dashboard.
Monday, June 27, 2011
- Corrected search fields under "Browse Volunteer Opportunities". Now reports correct organizations and job titles.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- Look for the new Wheelchair Accessible icon below for opportunities that have wheelchair access.
Monday, June 13, 2011
- Removed, 'Post Removal Date' field from The New Opportunity form. This feature did not work properly and it has temporarily been replaced by the created date field.
- Changed 'Removal Date' field to 'Date Created' under The Dashboard.
- Street Address and City are no longer required fields for posting opportunities.
- Fixed glitch where opportunity form would result in a 404 page not found error.
- Fixed glitch with new feature mentioned below would not allow you to update contact info properly.
- Added ability to have different address details for every contact for an organization.
- Added extra hints to organization and contact forms to help ease data entry process.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- Expanded FAQ section to include various questions. More questions will be added later with additional images for support.
- Removed filter fields from the Organization Dashboard for Opportunities and Contacts.
Monday, June 6, 2011
- Corrected first 'Age Needed' field under 'Create new opportunity'. It now displays as '0-13'
- Added basic logo implementation for Organizations. Logo must be a valid image file and has to referenced as a valid html link. You can update your logo in your Organization Profile.
- Corrected glitch when searching for specific organizations and opportunities. NOTE: We are aware that if you click search with no fields it returns every organization or opportunity. We are still working to correct this.
Friday, June 3, 2011
- Added ability to specify what a role a contact has for an organization.
- Added a new, "FAQ" page. This page is still under construction.
- Added a new field named, "Valid Driver's License" for opportunities that require this option.
- Valid Driver's License field reflects changes on opportunity listings.
- Cleaned up opportunity detail view.
- Removed unnecessary fields.